Jump to Navigation

Orlando Parental Alienation Attorney

Experienced Lawyer Handling Parental Alienation Cases in Central Florida

Divorce or separation is difficult on everyone involved, especially children. In bitter or highly contested divorces, children may feel they must "choose sides." While detachment from the alienated parent may settle down once the parents and children adjust to change and move on with their lives, there are other situations where the alienation and detachment only increases — which could cause the alienated parent to lose the love and respect of the child permanently.

If you are facing challenges relating to parental alienation syndrome, or if you have been wrongfully accused of encouraging your child to alienate the other parent, I have the experience, resources and commitment to assist you. Contact me, Orlando parental alienation lawyer Greg Colvin to discuss your concerns in a free initial consultation. I will use my more than 20 years of experience to benefit your case. Call 407-680-2162 Toll Free: 800-483-0522.

What Is Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS)?

Parental alienation syndrome occurs when one parent engages in poor conduct — speaking poorly about the other parent or demeaning the other parent in the child's presence — in order to brainwash or program a child into alienating the other parent. Some examples of parental alienation may include:

  • Repeatedly blaming the other parent for the breakup of the family so that the child eventually believes it to be true and shun the other parent
  • Interfering with time sharing by purposefully planning activities during the child's scheduled time with the other parent and asking for the child's preference of participating in the activity or spending time with the other parent
  • Demeaning the other parent in front of the child to the extent that the child also participates in demeaning the other parent
  • Bringing forth false allegations of physical, verbal or sexual abuse in order to justifiably alienate the other parent

Orange County Lawyer: Relocation and Child Alienation

Some parents may further their vendetta against the other parent by choosing to relocate with the child out of state. While a parent may bring forth justifiable reasons for the relocation, such as a new job or allegedly better opportunities for the child, in many instances, parental and child relocation cases involve a parent who is attempting to deprive the other parent of his or her visitation/time sharing rights. Florida courts are hesitant to approve relocation petitions due to the hindrance it may have on the child's relationship with the non-relocating parent.

Experienced Guidance for Parents Throughout Central Florida

Many attorneys and judges underestimate the significance of parental alienation — including underestimating when it is an issue and the long-term effects on both the child and alienating parent. It is important to work with an attorney who understands the concerns involving parental alienation, and who will work with the appropriate mental health experts to diagnose the problem (or disprove it) and testify in court. In working with the family law office of R. Gregory Colvin, LLC, you can have confidence and peace of mind knowing that I dedicate myself to achieving fair resolution of complex problems and have done so for more than 20 years.

For more information about parental alienation, or for experienced legal representation in a divorce or time sharing (child custody) matter in Central Florida, please call 407-680-2162 Toll Free: 800-483-0522 or contact Orlando parental alienation attorney R. Gregory Colvin online. I look forward to helping you solve your legal problems.

Honest, Effective Legal Help Throughout Your Life Call Us Or Fill Out Our Intake Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.